Indian Premier League is all set to dazzle the cricket enthusiasts all again right from April 16. This year will mark the 7th successful anniversary of the IPL tournament- the cash rich championship has been able to elevate its fan base with every passing season. This year the IPL matches are to be held jointly at UAE and India. The tournament finalizes on June 1. The post here is all set to brief on some of the major facets of the championship.
The contesting squads and the important players from each team this time are-
- Mumbai Indians is backed by eminent names like Rohit Sharma (captain), Lasith Malinga, Mike Hussey, Zaheer Khan, Pragyan Ojha, Harbhajan Singh, Kieron Pollard etc.
- The important names from Chennai Super Kings include Mahendra Singh Dhoni (captain), Suresh Raina, Brendon McCullum, Dwayne Bravo, Dwayne Smith etc.
- The notable names from Kolkata Knight Riders are Gautam Gambhir (captain), Jacques Kallis, Sunil Narine, Shakib Al Hasan, Mornie Morkel, Yusuf Pathan etc.
- The most important cricketers in Delhi Daredevils are Kevin Pietersen (captain), Mohammed Shami, Dinesh Karthik, Ross Taylor, Manoj Tiwary etc.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore has got some elite names including Virat Kohli (captain), Chris Gayle, Yuvraj Singh, Muttiah Muralitharan etc.
- The important names from Rajasthan Royals are Shane Watson (captain), Brad Hodge, Ajinkya Rahane, James Faulkner.
- The notable names in Kings XI Punjab include George Bailey, Virender Sehwag, Cheteshwar Pujara, Thisara Perera, Lakhmipathy Balaji.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad involves some of the best names including Shikhar Dhawan (captain), David Warner, Aaron Finch, Darren Sammy, Irfan Pathan etc.
The IPL auction was held in Bangalore this February where 154 players were sold. Yuvraj Singh Yuvraj Singh received the highest bid while Kevin Pietersen earned the maximum bid among foreign players. Karan Sharma came up as the costliest among uncapped cricketers. The IPL 7 auction introduced bidding on INR and the rule of Right to match. 3 franchises retained 5 players while Delhi Daredevils retained none.
The first 20 matches of IPL 7 have been decided to be held at UAE- at Abu Dhabi (Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium), Dubai (Dubai International Cricket Stadium) and Sharjah (Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium).
IPL 7 would return to India since its 21st match. Ten Indian cities- Mohali, Mumbai, Kolkata, Delhi, Ranchi, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad & Cuttack- would play the hosts for the Indian Premier League 2014 matches.
The first IPL 7 match is April 16 at Sheikh Zayed Cricket Stadium, between Mumbai Indians and Kolkata Knight Riders. The last UAE match is on April 30, between Mumbai Indians & Sunrisers Hyderabad. The first match in India is on May 2, between CSK & KKR, at JSCA International Cricket Stadium- Ranchi. The semi final (May 30) and final (June 1) are to be played at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.
IPL 7 tickets are available online now and from April 10, the spectators can get them directly from stadiums. The single match ticket rate starts from AED20 (Abu Dhabi), AED30 (Dubai) and UED30 (Sharjah).